FOR the sixth year running Cadbury and National Trust are teaming up to help families celebrate Easter weekend between March 29 and April 1 by offering fun Easter Egg Trails at six special National Trust places throughout Derbyshire.
Taking place in some of Derbyshire’s most beautiful outdoor spaces, the Cadbury and National Trust Easter Egg Trails add an element of joy to the traditional egg hunt in the county, with plenty to see, do and learn.
Whether you’re a child or simply young at heart, adventure is sure to lie ahead...follow cryptic clues around the picturesque gardens, complete fun-filled challenges and explore the beauty of the Derbyshire’s most spectacular places to hunt down a delicious Cadbury prize.
Each trail is totally unique to its location and offers a wide range of activities for all the family to enjoy such as:
· Design Your Own Egg Head – at all National Trust places with Cadbury Easter Egg Trails in Derbyshire, children can also enter the competition for the chance to see their own design come to life on a real Cadbury Easter Egg Head.
· Giant size games – grandparents, parents and siblings can challenge each other to a game of nail biting thrill at Hardwick Hall.
· Face painting – a sure fire winner with people of all ages, coming to Calke Abbey, Sudbury Hall, Hardwick Hall, Kedleston Hall, Longshaw Estate and Ilam Park.
Brand new this year, on Easter Monday (1st April) at Kedleston Hall, Sudbury Hall, Hardwick and Ilam Hall families can take part in a traditional Easter favourite – the egg and spoon race! Cadbury and the National Trust are calling all racers, young and old, to join in with the fun and come armed with their lucky spoon to kick off the race of the season, it’s a great way to end the Easter weekend. Start times and more information can be found at www.eastereggtrail.com. And don’t forget to bring a spoon!
Beccy Speight, Regional Director for the National Trust in the Midlands, says: “Easter is a great time of year for families to get together and have some fun. By Easter weekend our places in Derbyshire are starting to bloom again after the winter, providing a gorgeous backdrop for games and Easter egg trails. Easter is always a popular time for families to visit our places and we look forward to greeting as many people as possible again this year.”
To join in with the Easter fun, simply visit www.eastereggtrail.com where you can find your nearest Cadbury and National Trust Easter Egg Trail and Egg and Spoon race, along with tips on how to make the most of the Easter weekend at home. For those who want to continue the experience afterwards, there is also a Cadbury Easter Egg Trail Pack, the perfect kit for exciting egg trails at home.
Venue and event details are listed below:
· Calke Abbey’s Easter Trail sponsored by Cadburys from Friday 29 March – Sunday 31 March 11am – 3.30pm. Follow the Easter trail to lead to your prize. Children must be accompanied by an adult. £3.50 charge applies
· Hardwick Hall has Easter Egg Trails and Crafts sponsored by Cadburys taking place between Friday 29 March and Monday 1 April 11am – 4pm. Fun for all the family with trails, themed crafts, face painting and other activities. A chocolate prize awaits for all entrants.
· At Kedleston Hall enjoy Family Activities and the Easter Trail sponsored by Cadburys from Friday 29 March – Monday 1 April 11am – 4pm. Enjoy Easter-themed crafts, games and face painting as well as following the Easter Trail around the garden. £2.50 charge applies. Visitors to the Hall itself can search for the chicks hiding on the state floor of the Hall in the Chick Hunt from Friday 29 march – Sunday 14 April 12 noon – 5pm
· At Longshaw in the Peak District follow the Easter Egg Trails sponsored by Cadburys between Friday 29 March and Thursday 4 April 10.30am – 3.30pm Find the painted eggs hidden around the estate and win a prize. Face-painting and colouring competition included. £3 charge applies
· Meanwhile, at Ilam Park in the White Peak take part in the Easter Egg Trails sponsored by Cadburys from Friday 29 March and Monday 1 April 11am – 4pm. Win a prize, enter the colouring competition and have your face painted. £3 charge applies.
· Sudbury Hall also has its Easter Egg Hunt sponsored by Cadburys from Friday 29 March – Monday 1 April 12 noon – 4pm. Explore the Easter trail around the gardens, and remember to collect your Cadbury’s reward at the end. £1.50 charge applies
Egg and Spoon Races
· Kedleston Hall – Races will take place throughout the day between 11am – 4pm.
· Sudbury Hall - Races will take place throughout the day between 11am – 4pm.
· Hardwick Hall – Races will take place throughout the day between 11am – 4pm.
· Ilam Park – Races will take place 1pm – 2pm.
· Approximately 250 Cadbury Easter Egg Trails will be taking place throughout Easter at National Trust properties nationwide
· Please visit www.eastereggtrails.com for further details on locations, times and costs
· Cadbury does not receive any profit from running Easter Egg Trails instead all of the fees are paid to the National Trust to help meet the costs for maintaining the beautiful locations
· National Trust is a charity and looks after more than 250,000 hectares of countryside, 720 miles of coastline and hundreds of historic places across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
· For further information, please visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk
Calke Abbey, Ticknall, Derbyshire, DE73 7LE
Tel: 01332 863822
House: 23 February – 3 November Saturday - Wednesday 11am - 5pm.
Themed House Tours 28 February – 1 November Thursdays and Fridays only 11am – 4pm.
Restaurant/Shop: Open all year daily 10am – 5pm. 4pm closing during January, February, November and closed 25 December.
Garden & Stables: Open daily 23 February – 3 November 10am – 5pm.
Calke Park & Nature Reserve: Open all year daily 7.30am – 7.30pm.
Hardwick Hall, Doe Lea, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S44 5QJ
Tel: 01246 850430
Hall: 16 February – 3 November Wednesday – Sunday and Bank Holidays (April – August) 12pm – 4.30pm.
Park, Garden, Shop & Restaurant : Open all year daily 9am – 6pm. 4 December – 15 December Christmas opening times Wednesday to Sunday 11am – 3pm. Closed 25 December.
Stone Centre: Open all year, daily.
Stainsby Mill: 16 February – 3 November Wednesday – Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays 10am – 4pm
Kedleston Hall, Derby DE22 5JH
Tel: 01332 842191
Hall: 16 February – 7 March Saturday – Thursday 12pm – 3pm – House entry by guided tour only, every 30 minutes from 12pm – 3pm (spaces limited, booking on day). 9 March – 31 October Saturday – Thursday 12pm – 5pm, open Good Friday.
Park and Pleasure Grounds: Open all year, daily 10am – 4pm. 9 March – 31 October 10am – 6pm. Closed 25 December.
Restaurant & Shop: 5 January – 10 February Saturday & Sunday 11am – 3pm. 16 February – 31 October 10.30am – 5pm Saturday – Thursday 10.30am – 5pm, open Good Friday. Daily 22 July – 1 September 10.30am – 5pm. 2 November – 1 December Saturday & Sunday 11am – 3pm. 5 December – 22 December Thursday – Sunday 11am – 3pm. 26 December – 31 December Thursday – Tuesday 11am – 3pm.
Sudbury Hall and the Museum of Childhood, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6 5HT
Tel: 01283 585305
Hall: 16 February – 3 November Wednesday – Sunday 1pm – 5pm.
Hall Tours: 16 February – 3 November Wednesday – Sunday 11.30am – 12pm. 2 April – 29 October Tuesdays 11.30am – 2.30pm.
Museum, Restaurant & Shops: 16 February – 31 March Wednesday – Sunday 11am – 5pm. Daily 1 April – 3 November 11am – 5pm. 7 November – 15 December Thursday – Sunday 11am – 4pm.
Restaurant and Shops: 21 December – 22 December Saturday & Sunday 11am – 4pm.
Christmas Event: 7 December – 15 December Thursday - Sunday 11am – 4pm
Grounds: Daily 16 February – 22 December 10am - 5pm.
Open BH Mondays.
Dark Peak Estate Office, Edale End, Hope Valley, Derbyshire S33 6RF
Tel: 01433 670368
Estate: All year daily
Penny Pot Café: 5 January – 10 March Saturday & Sunday 10am – 4.30pm. 13 March – 3 November Wednesday – Sunday 10am – 4.30pm. Daily 1 July – 1 September 10am – 4.30pm. 25 May – 15 September Saturday & Sunday 8.30am – 4.30pm. 9 November – 22 December Saturday & Sunday 10am – 4pm. 27 December – 31 December Friday – Tuesday 10am – 4pm.
Longshaw Estate, Sheffield, Derbyshire S11 7TZ
Tel: 01433 637904 (Visitor Centre); 01433 631757 (Wardens’ Office)
Estate: All year daily
Tea Room and Shop: 1 January – 6 January Tuesday – Sunday 10.30am – 4pm. 12 January - 10 February Saturday & Sunday 10.30am – 4pm. 11 February – 3 November Monday – Sunday. 10.30am – 5pm. 4 November – 23 December Monday – Sunday 10.30am – 4pm. 27 December – 31 December Friday – Tuesday 10.30am – 4pm.
If you’re looking for great value that’s going to last all year then look no further than the National Trust’s family membership. Access to over 300 houses and gardens, all with their own story to tell, plus free car parking at all of our countryside and coastal properties. Membership will certainly keep you busy and all for less than the cost of a family day out to many UK visitor attractions. Find out more at: http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Matlock
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North west