A MILITANT crew of uniformed people can be seen in this picture from days gone by.
This photograph was taken of the Matlock branch of the St John Ambulance Brigade in the 1940s.
The picture was submitted to the Matlock Mercury by Ann Walker, of Sherwood Road, Matlock.
The St John Ambulance Association was founded in 1877 and is dedicated to the teaching and practice of medical first aid and the provision of ambulance services.
The service has grown momentum over the years and spread to many countries.
It now has more than 43,000 members throughout England.