The Darley Dale Band proudly show off their new uniforms for the first time in this photograph.
The band was playing at the Red Cross rally in Whitworth Institute park in 1955.
The uniforms cost £250 and were paid for by playing at various engagements and help from the ladies’ committee.
The band was formed in Wensley at the turn or the 19th Century and later moved to South Darley.
It folded in the 1960s and the instruments and sheet music sold.
In 1984 however, local businessman Dick Marriott helped to rebuild the band and Roger Jepson took over the baton in 1988.
Among those pictured here are Brian Byard, Michael Marsden, Keith Sheldon and Brian Ellis.