This picture was taken at the opening of the Scented Garden for the Blind.
The garden, in Olde Englishe Road, Matlock, was opened in 1955, having been funded by the Rotary Club of Matlock.
Mrs Gill Orme, one of the organisers of the weekly socials for the blind, officiated at the opening ceremony, accompanied by rotary president Norman Goward, James Wooliscroft and Mrs Wooliscroft, Cllr Remo Tinto and Mr and Mrs Percy Ayre.
The garden was created to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Rotary International.
It remains in the same spot today, providing blind people with a variety of scented plants to enjoy.