We are the champions - of 1950!

Memory Lane
Memory Lane

StYLES and times may change - just looked at the slicked-back hair and the hefty football boots - but the joy of winning never alters.

Here members of the Crich Boys Football Club receive the trophy after being named champions of the Rowsley and District Youth League of 1950-51.

Pictured outside the Bull’s Head in Crich are Geoff Birkett, chairmain of the North Western Road Car Company Sports & Social Club, which donated the trophy and medals, along with Colin Harrison, Arthur Fox, Harry Williamson, Derek Swindell, Bernard Booth, Derek Taylor, Jackie McCann, Alan Dakin, Terry Wainwright and Aubrey Briddon. Bernard’s father Cyril was licensee ofthe Bull’s Head where the teams changed before the long walk to the pitch on the meadow at Plaistow Green.