CROMFORD: House fire

Fire fighters were called to a house fire in Cromford.

Crews from Matlock and Wirksworth were called to North Street at around 10.30pm on Monday, July 6.

Smoke was billowing from the middle floor of a three-storey town house.

A spokesman for the fire service said the smoke was caused by “over heated cooking in the kitchen.”

The home owner was rescued by police and given oxygen.

Fire fighters ventilated the property and fitted smoke alarms before leaving the scene at around 11.30pm.