Derbyshire: House fire in Dales village

editorial image
Have your say

Fire crews were called to a house fire in a Dales village last night (Monday, June 2).

Two crews from Ashbourne attended The Hillocks Cottage, in Main Street, Kniveton, at 10.50pm.

There was a fire in the cellar and it was heavily smoke-logged.

They used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze.

Firefighters gained access to the cellar where they found a washing machine which was involved in the fire.

They isolated it from the main supply and ventilated the property.

They left at around midnight.