Bathers enjoyed first-class facilities in Matlock when the Lido opened in 1938.
The Lido closed last month after serving swimmers in the town for over 73 years.
This picture shows the pool before the roof was built and shows families enjoying the town centre
The Lido was an art-deco design and cost £12,000. The official opening programme emphasised the luxury and comfort and there was capacity for 500 bathers as well as extensive sun-bathing terraces and spectator seating.
In the 1970s the new owners, Derbyshire Dales District Council, decided to roof over the outdoor swimming pool.
The cafe buildings which also housed the main entrance were demolished to make way for a Wilkinson’s store.