Green fingered Dales residents could be in with a chance of winning £25 of gardening vouchers.
Derbyshire County Council making the offer as part of National Composting Week, which runs from May 6 to 12 .
The vouchers can be won by answering three simple questions about composting.
Top tips for successful composting are as follows -
What can go in your compost (remember you’ll need a good 50/50 mix of green and brown materials):
• Tea bags
• Grass cuttings
• Vegetable peelings
• Old flowers/nettles
• Coffee grounds and filter papers
• Egg shells
• Egg and cereal boxes
• Corrugated cardboards and paper
• Toilet rolls and kitchen roll tubes
• Straw and hay
• Twigs and hedge clippings
• Tissues, paper towels and napkins
• Ashes from wood, paper and lumpwood charcoal
What can’t go in your compost:
• Cooked vegetables
• Dairy products
• Diseased plants
• Dog mess, cat litter or baby’s nappies
The competition closes on June 29 and details on how to enter are available by visiting www.derbyshire.gov.uk/composting