DRAMATIC PICTURES: Chip shop gutted by frying range fire

Proctor's Fish Bar in Bakewell was gutted by fire.

Proctor's Fish Bar in Bakewell was gutted by fire.

0
Have your say

This was the scene at Proctor’s Fish Bar on Granby Road in Bakewell after a fire ripped through the building’s ground floor on Thursday morning.

The fire, which started in the restaurant’s frying range, was brought under control by firefighters from four separate watches using breathing apparatus, hoses and foam.

Proctor's Fish Bar in Bakewell was gutted by fire.

Proctor's Fish Bar in Bakewell was gutted by fire.

The blaze also led to other shops and businesses being evacuated, including the Cheese and Wine Emporium next door and a nearby dentists.

The police have been informed about the incident and an investigation is ongoing.

Back to the top of the page