Elderly woman taken to hospital after dishwater fire

l

l

1
Have your say

An elderly woman was taken to hospital after her dishwasher caught alight in the early hours of the morning.

Fire crews from Belper, Crich and Ripley attended the property in Derby Road, Ambergate at 2.33am on Saturday, after a smoke alarm alerted the elderly occupant to the fire, which was in the rear of the property.

The crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and a thermal image camera to extinguish the blaze, which was out by 2.52am. The house was heavily smoke–logged and the woman was administered oxygen before being taken to hospital.

 

Back to the top of the page