Hadfield pensioner rescued from house fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

Firefighters rescued an elderly woman from her Hadfield home on Wednesday after a fire started in her kitchen.

Crews from Glossop and Stalybridge were called to the terraced house on Thorncliffe Road at 1.56pm after her smoke alarm activated a call out.

They extinguished the blaze, which stemmed from a portable electric cooker and had spread to her worktop, using a hose reel jet and breathing apparatus.

Firefighters then ventilated the property.

 

Back to the top of the page