The revolution will not be buffering

0
Have your say

WHILE it has been confirmed that Matlock will receive super-fast broadband, the rest of the county still needs public support to ensure that the whole of Derbyshire is brought up to speed.

Over the next three years Digital Derbyshire aims to make superfast broadband – of up to 30mbs – available to 90 per cent of the county with the remaining 10 per cent being promised a minimum of 2mbs.

However, the campaign now needs to attract a private sector partner to invest in and deliver its ambitious programme.

To maximise the chances of doing this, Digital Derbyshire must demonstrate a demand for better broadband – both from households and businesses.

Councillor Kevin Parkinson, Derbyshire County Council Cabinet Member for Regeneration, said: “We know there is a real hunger for better broadband in Derbyshire and we have made it one of our priorities to deliver it.

“We are grateful to the thousands of people who have already helped us make great strides towards delivering the biggest ever transformation of broadband in Derbyshire by supporting our campaign.

“Now we need their help, and that of as many others as possible, to help us attract a private sector partner.”

To make this possible campaign leaders are calling on people to complete an online form showing their support

Cllr Parkinson added: “It is simple – the greater demand we can show for better broadband in Derbyshire, the more investment we will attract.

“It will only take a couple of minutes to complete our on-line form, and it will have a huge impact on the future of broadband in Derbyshire.”

Anyone who wishes to show their support can do so by visiting www.derbyshire.gov.uk/digitalderbyshire.