Buxton Cycling Club’s Sam Clark was a clear winner of the final hill-climb of the 3 Hills Competition, which this year featured the three ways up to Pym Chair on the Cheshire/Derbyshire border.
This final event was from the edge of Kettleshulme village, past Windgather Rocks to Pym Chair and was the longest, although least steep, of the three.
The event also acted as the Club Hill Climb Championship and Clark was the victor by a clear 14-second margin.
The stage win ensured he also took top place on the podium overall, which included the results from the climbs of Pym Chair done from the Goyt Valley (The Street) and Saltersford (Jenkin Chapel.
Result from final hill-climb:
1. Sam Clark (Buxton CC) 07:12.2
2. Bhima Bowden (Buxton CC) 07:26.9
3. Stuart Baker (Buxton CC) 08:09.2
4. Rhys Roberts (High Peak Tri) 08:16.6
5. Cían O’Leary (Base2Race BikeShack) 08:20.0
6. David Heathcote (High Peak Tri) 08:29.5
7. Mark Pickles (Manchester Wheelers) 08:30.0
Buxton CC 3 Hills Championship final standings:
1. Sam Clark (Buxton CC) 16:59.4
2. Stuart Baker (Buxton CC) 18:52.2
3. Michael Allcroft (Buxton CC) 21:52.7