This picture of Hall Leys Park shows it very much in its infancy.
Published in Matlock and Matlock Bath Through Time, the photograph shows wide areas of open space still, where there is now housing.
The layout of the park remains very similar to how it is shown in this picture, with a small boating pond at one end and a bandstand in the centre.
The park was officially opened in 1911 in celebration of the coronation of King George V.
A penny farthing race was held there last year to commemorate its 100th year.
Nowadays the park sports modern leisure facilities for the youth of Matlock to enjoy, including a skate park and tennis courts.