A scented garden for the blind was opened in Matlock in 1955.
Funded and provided by the town’s Rotary Club it was sited down Olde Englishe Road near to the footbridge which crosses over the river.
Gill Orme, one of the organisers of the weekly socials for the blind officiated at the opening ceremony accompanied by Rotary president Norman Goward.
Also at the event was Rotarian James Wooliscroft and his wife, councillor Remo Tinti and Mr and Mrs Percy Ayre.
The garden was created to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Rotary International.