Ernest Bailey Grammar School’s cricket team are pictured here in 1951.
On the back row is Bill Allen, John Ellliott, John Humphreys, Barry Kay, Tony Bond and David Ollerenshaw.
The middle row is Barry Mackay, John Billingham, Mick Joltey, Norman Stone, Neil Ollerenshaw (scorer) and David Brimble.
On the front row is Les Bradbury and Ian Shaw.
The school was founded in 1924 Ernest H. Bailey who was born in 1870 and who owned Bailey’s Flour Mills in Lumsdale.
It occupied a building in New Street that had previously been a hydro.
Grammar school pupils in the 1950s were expected to stay at school until they were at least 16.