The Ritz was one of two cinemas located within Matlock, which provided the townspeople of days gone by with their silver screen delights.
Located in Causeway Lane, at the corner of Steep Turnpike, the cinema opened in 1920 and closed in 1999.
This photograph was taken in its hay day in 1922 and shows a somewhat quieter Matlock than the bustling town we know and love today.
Up until very recently, residents reported seeing damage to the building caused by German air strikes during the First and Second World Wars.
The Ritz now houses offices, shops and an adult education centre, as well as Maazi Indian restaurant, whose tuk tuk sits above the entrance.