tHIS photograph was sent in to the Mercury by Malcomb Macfadyen.
The picture is dated 1926 and shows the dismantling of the tram shelter in Crown Square, in Matlock.
The picture was taken by the Rev Frank Kingsbury who was a Baptist minister in Matlock at that time.
Rev Kingsbury was married to Mr Macfadyen’s aunt and he found the photograph in his aunt’s collection.
Mr Macfadyen, who was born in Matlock, now lives in Clay Cross.
Matlock Cable Tramway served the town between 1893 and 1927.
The tramway ran between Matlock railway station and the Hydro Spa Hotels of Smedley’s and Rockside.
Trams went from Crown Square, where this grand tram shelter once stood, to Rutland Street.
The route was originally planned to begin at the railway station but due to flooding risks the terminus was set up on Crown Square.
The original tram shelter, has been preserved and is now standing at the head of Hall Leys Park.