It may be the most depressing day of the year but there’s plenty of reasons to be cheerful in Derbyshire.
Whether you’re missing the fun of the festive period, alarmed at the state of your bank balance or just pining for some sunshine, here’s our guide to five things to lift your mood this Blue Monday.
1) There’s loads of nice places to get out and about in Derbyshire. From climbing Kinder Scout to taking a walk round Queen’s Park in Chesterfield, the county is filled with places to enjoy a picnic and some family time.
2) If you’re on a health kick, why not take advantage of free park runs, happening right across the county. These Saturday morning, 5k runs are free and open to all so as well as getting fitter, you’ll be able to enjoy some of Derbyshire’s best scenery. Find out more here. And if there’s not one in your area yet, why not plan out your own route?
3) The Peak District National Park - the UK’s first national park. If you don’t live in the national park itself, you’re only a stone’s throw away from it and all its natural beauty.
4) There’s a whole host of events to look forward to throughout the year in Derbyshire. From Bakewell Show to carnivals and cycling festivals, there’s bound to be something to suit your needs and your budget. Be inspired here
5) If you like to eat out, Derbyshire is filled with fantastic restaurants. From the Michelin-starred Fischer’s at Baslow Hall to Stone’s Restaurant in Matlock, there’s a wide range of top-rated eateries in our county. Search Trip Advisor for more.
What do you love most about living in Derbyshire? Are there any events in the county you’re particularly looking forward to this year? Let us know by emailing email@example.com.