Calver house fire

editorial image

Firefighters from Hathersage, Bradwell and Chesterfield joined forces to attend a house fire.

At 7.30pm yesterday (May 1) crews rushed to the property in Lowside, Calver, after receiving reports of a kitchen fire.

Upon arrival, the house was described “well alight” and crews used two hose-reel jets and breathing apparatus to extinguish the blaze.

Ventitlation gear was also used to clear smoke from the house.

The elderly residents were taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.

Crews left the scene at 8.30pm.