Visitors to Bakewell Show will be able to learn about sun safety.
The Macmillan Cancer Support mobile information team will be at the event both today and tomorrow.
They will be offering advice between 8.30am and 6pm both days.
Debbie Smith, Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Specialists, said “With all the rain we’ve had over the last few weeks you probably think that sun awareness is the last thing you need to worry about. But did you know that you can still burn on an overcast day. Therefore it is important to remember the five ways to stay safe in the lovely British Summer!
1. Apply Sunscreen. A waterproof factor 30+ with four star UVA rating should be generously applied every two hours.
2. Wear a wide brimmed sun hat that shades your neck, face and ears.
3. Stay in the shade between 11am-3pm.
4. Cover up. Wear a T shirt to cover shoulders which burn easily.
5. Wear sunglasses. Ideally wrap around sunglasses with UV protection to protect your eyes from the sun’s rays.
Remember that the sun damage received before the age of 30, when the skin is more sensitive, is most dangerous. So it is really important to make sure your kids know and practice sun safety. Enjoy your summer safely.”