Motorists across the Derbyshire Dales are being encouraged to step up security after a number of thefts from vehicles across the district.
In the last week, police have received reports of incidents in Matlock, Ashbourne and Bakewell with items including wallets, handbags and mobile phones stolen.
Police officers are urging local drivers to be vigilant and be on the lookout for anyone acting suspiciously.
Other crime prevention advice includes:
- Parking in well-lit, open areas and using a garage or driveway if possible;
- Ensuring no valuable items including mobile phones and handbags are left on display inside your vehicle;
- Removing sat navs from display and wiping the mark from the window where it has been secured;
- Installing an alarm system;
- Masking sure your vehicle is locked and secure before leaving it unattended;
- Marking all your equipment, like your car stereo, with your vehicle registration number.
For more information on vehicle safety and security visit: http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/Safety-advice/Vehicle-Security.aspx.
To speak to a member of your local Safer Neighbourhood team call 101.