The Shalimar in Darley Dale is one of the top ten Indian restaurants in the country.
To tie in with national curry week travel website TripAdvisor has complied a list of the best places to dine according to reviews and ratings and the eatery on Dale Road North has bagged a top spot.
The restaurant has a five our five bubble rating and 1,096 reviews.
One visitor to the restaurant said on the website: “I visited the Shalimar with friends and the whole experience was delightful. The atmosphere was very pleasant, the food was delicious and the service excellent. We will definitely be going again. Highly recommended!”
Another reviewer said: “I come from near Leek so going all this way to eat my tea I think shows just how amazing the food, service and prices for this restaurant really are!! (that’s a 50 mile round trip there and back). The food is to die for!!”
“Staff are extremely friendly & especially great with kids, they go above and beyond as waiters! Food is always perfect. We also have many takeaways and they are always equally as good and piping hot. Great work Shalimar.” Said another positive reviewer.
What do you think? Does your local curry house deserve a spot?
The UK’s top ten places to eat curry:
1. Prithvi Restaurant, Cheltenham, Cotswolds
2. The Chilli Tree, Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex
3. Indian Tiffin Room, Cheadle, Greater Manchester
4. Kohinoor of Kerala, Southampton, Hampshire
5. Urban Tandoor, Bristol
6. Koolba, Glasgow, Scotland
7. Tharavadu, Leeds, Yorkshire
8. Yukti, Liverpool, Merseyside
9. Maharaja, Stirling, Scotland
10. The Shalimar, Matlock, Derbyshire