Fire safety advice

Stay Safe: Matlock Fire Station Manager Paul Smith is highlighting the Derbyshire Fire and Rescue new campaign warning against the dangers of chimney fires in the home.
Stay Safe: Matlock Fire Station Manager Paul Smith is highlighting the Derbyshire Fire and Rescue new campaign warning against the dangers of chimney fires in the home.

MATLOCK firefighters are asking people to check their chimneys and electrical appliances after a series of incidents in the past month.

Callouts have included a roof blaze sparked by a neighbouring chimney in Oker, a fire caused by an overloaded electricity socket in Matlock, and an alarm set off by a smoking chip pan after the cook fell asleep.

for more safety advice see this weeks Matlock Mercury.