A parish council has been given the lease to a community building more than 100 years after it was originally transferred it.
Derbyshire Dales District Council, who owns the Community Hall, in Tansley, agreed to allow Tansley Parish Council to have it on a 25 year lease at a meeting this week.
The building was initially transferred to the parish council in 1906 for use as public offices.
In 1924 the parish council was abolished and ownership of the hall transferred to the Matlock Urban District Council.
Since then is has been used by various community organisations.
The parish council will lease the property for £1 per year and it will be held resposible for any repair work needed on the building.