There are plans to transform an historic former hotel into flats.
Developer Mark Arnold has applied to Derbyshire Dales District Council to turn the former Jackson House Hydro, in Jackson Road, Matlock, into four apartments.
The hotel was opened in 1857 by Mr and Mrs G Barton and over the years it was expanded. It was renamed Jackson Tor House in the early 20th Century and changed hands numerous times over the course of the century, eventually closing in 2003.
The design and access statement for the application states: “Each level of the proposed development will house the following functions – the basement/ground floor will function as parking garage, the first floor, second floor and third floor flats and finally a short stay small dwelling unit for the loft/attic.”
View the application reference ‘14/00866/FUL’ on the planning section of www.derbyshiredales.gov.uk