People in Derbyshire are being reminded to steer clear of rogue traders in the run up to the digital television switchover.
The switchover will happen during August and September, depending on where you live in the county.
Derbyshire County Council’s trading standards team has compiled a list of tips to protect people from scams:
- Only buy goods and services for switchover from reputable retailers and traders that carry the digital tick logo. These products are products are designed to work through switchover.
- Don’t risk buying from uninvited callers – reputable traders don’t get business this way.
- No one from Digital UK, the organisation running the switchover, or the switchover help scheme, will call without an appointment.
- Don’t agree to any work on the spot. Take time to think about what work needs doing.
- If an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is. Be wary and read the details of the deal carefully.
Derbyshire County Council’s Trusted Trader directory can help residents find a reputable trader if they need to buy new equipment or find they need to have work done to an aerial. The directory can be found at www.derbyshire.gov.uk/trusted trader or Call Derbyshire on 08456 058 058 or 01629 533190.