Two taken to hospital after house blaze in Matlock

Fire
Fire

Two people were taken to hospital after a house fire on Riber Road in Matlock on Saturday afternoon.

The incident, which happened shortly after 1pm, involved a fire in the living room of a detached house.

Crews from Matlock and Alfreton used two breathing apparatus and one hose to extinguish the fire and a ventilation fan to clear the smoke.

Two of the occupants of the house were treated by the ambulance service for smoke inhalation before being taken to hospital.

The incident was declared closed and firefighters left the scene at 3.44pm.