Rowsley smash ten goals to maintain lead

Midlands Regional Alliance Premier Division leaders Rowsley ’86 show no sign of resting on their laurels after a resounding home 10-0 victory at the weekend.

Pastures were on the receiving end of rampant Rowsley on this occasion, with Liam Hallam (3), Ben Harrison (2), Andy Roome (2), Tim Baker, Darrel Webster and Scott Preece getting the goals.

Ripley (green)v Matlock united

Ripley (green)v Matlock united

Cromford remain just two points behind the leaders, but it took a stoppage time winner from Joe Kay for them to snatch victory over struggling Newhall United, while Melbourne Dynamo lost ground on the top two after being held 1-1 at home to draw specialists Wirksworth Ivanhoe, for whom Callum Worth was on target.

Woolley Moor United won 3-0 at Wirksworth Town.

In Division One, Liam McKenna and James Harrison were on the scoresheet for Ripley Town, but goals from Chris Johnson (2) and Callum Gill saw Matlock United win 3-2 to maintain their unbeaten record.

In Division Two, Ambergate fell 3-0 to Sherwin.

Matlock Town CFA took a break from MRA action as they overcame Furness Vale Reserves 2-0 in the Derbyshire Junior Cup first round.

From the start there was plenty of football played and it took 12 minutes for the deadlock to be finally broken when Alex Lacey hit a great left foot drive from outside the box and the ball looped perfectly into the back of the net.

The scoreline remained into the second-half, but the CFA started to dominate proceedings, James Byard and Tom Evans goingclose.

A bit of magic from Miro Kurtak saw his shot hit the post, while Sam Kelly saw the keeper off his line for a long range effort which went inches wide.

But it took a Lacey second to clinch the tie following a hand ball in the box, Lacey stepping up to perfectly place the spot kick and complete the victory for the CFA.

Man of the match went to Tim Summers.

Central Midlands League

Matlock Town Reserves bounced back from squandering a two-goal lead to beat Heanor Town Reserves 4-2 in the CML Reserve Supreme Division.

Having seen a 2-0 lead become 2-2 at the break, Matlock stormed back in the second-half with goals from Jack Siddall and Matt Andrews to seal a comfortable win and maintain their 100 per cent record.

The Gladiators took an early lead in the second minute when a flick from Dave Edge found the prolific Siddall outpacing The Lions defenders before rifling the ball into the net.

With just ten minutes gone the lead was doubled when neat interplay between Edge and Andrews left Dec Jenkins with time and space inside the box, who made no mistake.

Chances for a third went begging, Heanor punishing Matlock by scoring twice before the break, both coming from Ollie Naylor.

Two good early chances went begging in the second-half, Edge seeing both well saved, but midway through the half the Gladiators introduced the fresh legs and pace of Ollie Walden in to the fray and within minutes Andrews’ perception provided a difficult chance for Walden but he was thwarted by the Lions keeper.

But five minutes later Siddall outpaced the full-back to slot the ball home, and soon afterwards route one proved key as a long ball found Jenkins who unselfishly set up Andrews to finish.

Minutes from time James Travis had a golden chance to make it five when the ball fell kindly to him at the far post but he was unlucky to see his effort go wide.